Hi! I’m Bronte Price, a full-time marriage celebrant. I’m also gay. In my spare time, I’m a newsreader, vegie gardener, foodie and piano player.
I’m thrilled to be engayged to my feyoncé Clint, and most Sunday afternoons will find us at DTs, one of Melbourne’s iconic gay pubs. Clint and I are “parents” to our beloved kelpie, Bingo, aged three.
I’m now heading towards my 50th same sex wedding booking. That makes me very happy and proud! Gay couples I’ve married have told me, almost without exception, that they want a wedding that reflects who they are and how they live their lives. Straight weddings just don’t do that! We’re gay, not straight!
I’m the first celebrant in Australia to complete the Certificate in Gay and Lesbian Weddings (US GWI) and I understand how gay weddings can be different from straight weddings.
I’m a long-time active supporter of marriage equality. For the record, I:
- volunteer as a newsreader each week, writing and presenting the news at noon on Fridays on JOY 94.9
- co-founded The Equality Network to educate wedding suppliers about how to work respectfully with LGBTI couples
- attended every marriage equality rally held in the CBD of Melbourne since the postal survey was announced
- am a financial member of JOY 94.9, Australia’s only LGBTI radio station
- am a member of GLOBE, the Gay and Lesbian Organisation of Business and Enterprise
- donate $20 from each same sex wedding ceremony I perform to a volunteer group of which I’m a member that helps feed and clothe homeless people (including LGBTI people) in Melbourne’s CBD each Thursday night
- have a wide social network and friendship group that includes lots of members of the LGBTI community.
As a former senior executive in state and local government (most recently as Assistant Director Data Analytics with the Victorian Ombudsman), I’ve picked up some pretty useful skills that I’ve been able to put into practice as a celebrant.
I draft and deliver high quality, personalised, bespoke ceremonies. And as a former English and Drama teacher, I know how to work with couples to put together ceremonies that are authentic, interesting, polished, enjoyable and memorable. And I know how to deliver them appropriately, tailored to your audience.
I don’t do boring or beige (unless I’m asked to)!
I’m friendly and engaging, and I’m genuinely interested in people. I want to find out and tell your story to help make your ceremony different from others.
Melbourne Same Sex Marriage Celebrant
BA (Honours), Diploma of Education, Diploma of Project Management, Certificate IV in Celebrancy, Certificate in Gay and Lesbian Weddings (US GWI)