Hi! I’m Bronte Price, a full-time marriage celebrant. I’m also an out and proud gay man. In my spare time, I’m a newsreader, vegie gardener, foodie and piano player.
I’m thrilled to be engaged to my feyoncé Clint, and most Sunday afternoons will find us at DTs, one of Melbourne’s iconic gay pubs. Clint and I are “parents” to our beloved kelpie, Bingo, aged three.
I get that gay couples want a wedding that reflects who they are and how they live their lives. Straight weddings just don’t do that! I’m the first celebrant in Australia to complete the Certificate in Gay and Lesbian Weddings (US GWI) and I understand how gay weddings can be different from straight weddings.
I’m a long-time active supporter of marriage equality. And I walk the talk! For the record, I:
- attended every marriage equality rally held in the CBD of Melbourne since the postal survey was announced
- am a financial member of JOY 94.9, Australia’s only LGBTI radio station
- volunteer as a newsreader each week, writing and presenting the news at noon on Fridays on JOY 94.9
- donate $20 from each same sex wedding ceremony I perform to a volunteer group of which I’m a member that helps feed and clothe homeless people (including LGBTI people) in Melbourne’s CBD each Thursday night
- have a wide social network and friendship group that includes lots of members of the LGBTI community
- co-founded The Equality Network (theequalitynetwork.com.au) to educate wedding suppliers about how to work respectfully with LGBTI couples.
As a former senior executive in state and local government (most recently as Assistant Director Data Analytics with the Victorian Ombudsman), I’ve picked up some pretty useful skills that I’ve been able to put into practice as a celebrant.
I draft and deliver high quality, personalised, bespoke ceremonies. And as a former English and Drama teacher, I know how to work with couples to put together ceremonies that are authentic, interesting, polished, enjoyable and memorable. And I know how to deliver them appropriately, tailored to the audience.
I don’t do boring or beige (unless I’m asked to)!
I’m friendly and engaging, and I’m genuinely interested in people. I want to find out and tell your story to help make your ceremony different from others.
Melbourne Same Sex Marriage Celebrant
BA (Honours), Diploma of Education, Diploma of Project Management, Certificate IV in Celebrancy, Certificate in Gay and Lesbian Weddings (US GWI)
If you’d like to check out my availability and meet up for a chat about your wedding, please fill in and send the Quick Contact Form.
Remember, my first meeting with you is free and comes with no obligation.